Monday, October 18, 2010

Leaders

“To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.” -- Sugar Ray Robinson, American Boxer

This is something that takes work for me.  There have been times in my life when I didn't I believe in myself, when I didn't think I could do "it" (whatever it was at that moment).  It rarely happens now, but it does on occasion.
When I became a network marketer, I didn't see myself as a team leader, and in fact, I was afraid of what I'd do when I signed on my first team member.  After all, what did I know about the business?   Although some people certainly are born leaders, but I do not believe that most of us are.  To become a leader - not just an enroller - takes time, training and experience.  I'm a far better leader today than I was when I started in this business, but I'm still improving every day.

As a network marketer, when you are first starting out, one of the most important things for you to do is stay in close contact with your enroller.  It is vital to your success!  Yes, it is THAT important.  Each of us learns from people who have more experience as a team leader than we have.  If you come into the business believing you already "know it all," you likely will not succeed.  

Be open to learning throughout your life and throughout your career.  We should never stop learning and growing - both ourselves and our businesses.
Continue to take advantage of whatever training is offered by your enroller and your company.  Listen to some of the inspirational speakers' recordings.  Read books - there are hundreds out there that can help you to grow personally and also become a better leader.

By KNOWING you can and will succeed, it will happen, but not by living in a bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment