Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Work vs Holidays

When you like your work every day is a holiday.  Frank Tyger

Before I hired my current "boss," I dreaded going to work many days.   My new boss?  Me, of course!  I have a career at home with my small business.  

I actually am quite a demanding boss.  The difference between what I'm doing today and working an outside j-o-b is huge!  If I want to work long hours, I do.  Most days that is exactly what I do.  But if I need a day off or an afternoon off, I don't need to ask anyone for permission.

We've all heard that if you have a job that you love, you'll never work another day in your life.  Which brings me back to the quote above.   

If your home business is not making you happy, seek another one!  You can add another business to what you're already doing.  Work it until you can stop doing the one you dislike.  But, do your homework!  Select a home business where you believe in and truly like the business or service they offer.

So, as we are in the middle of the holiday season, your work does not have to make you joyful every minute of the day, but if you like what you're doing, "every day is a holiday."  Take advantage of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment