Friday, July 30, 2010

Challenges, Excuses and Giving Up

All home entrepreneurs face challenges in their businesses.  There may have been times in your career when you thought that this challenge (that you are experiencing at the moment) must be worse than anyone else has faced.  You may even have asked yourself why you should put any more time or effort into your business, because you knew you would never succeed.

Before I started my home business, I did my homework.  I spent a couple weeks researching the company.  By the time I decided to join, I was certain that I would succeed, no matter what it took!  I knew about the owners of the company; I had learned a great deal about what I would be promoting; and I was confident that I could overcome whatever obstacles came my way.

What I did not expect, however, was for my sponsor to quit before she trained me!  I had not anticipated that I would have to teach myself the business.  I knew nothing about network marketing; and I did not know that I had "rolled up" to my "upline."  So, I didn't contact her for help. 

Talk about challenges!  I did not get a great start with my business.  In fact, I almost broke company records for taking the longest time to reach my first promotion.  Through it all though, I always knew that I would learn the business and I would be successful

I could have made excuses and jumped ship right then and there.  I could have blamed my enroller for abandoning me.  But I CHOSE not to do so.  

Over the next few years, I had two major crises in my personal life that nearly destroyed my business.  I had to start all over again after each one, build my business over and over again.

All these things were bumps in the road, maybe even mountains I had to scale, but because I was confident in my product, my company, and most of all myself, I did what was necessary and moved on.  I gave myself a pep talk, and my team helped me too (one in particular; you know who you are).  I listened to training calls.  That is one of the great things about a network marketing business.  There is always someone to support you.

I am so glad I "stuck it out" and stayed with my business.  My husband wouldn't be retired today had I decided to surrender to failure.   I've had the privilege of helping so many others who may not be where they are today had I left the business.  And there is so much that I have today that I would not have had if it wasn't for my business

We've all heard the expression, but I have taken it to heart.  To me, quitting is not an option!

No comments:

Post a Comment