Monday, August 2, 2010

Network Marketing is All About Helping One Another

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” -- Winston Churchill 

When I first started looking for "work from home," I will admit I wasn't looking for a way I could help other people.  I was seeking a way to earn a living without leaving home.  I had no idea what was out there, except that I had seen lots of scams that I knew I wanted to avoid.
I actually spent several months researching, spending week on the Internet, trying to find a way to work at home that 1) would earn me a decent living, and 2) would be something I could feel good about doing.  

There is no home business that is a good fit for everyone, and most of the products I saw advertised were simply not ones that I could believe in or promote.  That is not to say they were not good products, and in fact I really liked some of them.  But I felt that when I found "the right one," I would feel almost passionate about it.

Who knew that when I finally did find a business that I thought was a good match for me, it would be in a field where I get to help people every day!  How cool is that!?  

Which brings me back to Winston Churchill's quote above.  If I operated my business just to make a living, I believe I would have failed long ago.  Instead, I learned that I love coaching and educating people.  When I share information about my company's products, it is exciting!  I am not a salesperson.  I never try to sell anyone.  I simply provide information to those who request it.  I believe in the products,  and I would use them myself whether I worked in the business or not.  So sharing them with others is a pleasure!

Until I started my business, I did not realize that I would actually enjoy the recruiting side of the business and coaching others so they too could build and grow a business.  Here too, I never try to sell anyone on the business.  However, if I answer all their questions, and I give them information to enable them to know whether they think that they could get passionate about the business, I do not need to convince them.  It is either a good fit, or it is not.  If it is not, why would I want to change their mind?  I do not want to work with anyone who does not want to work with me.  

And so my team and I make a life by what we give to one another and to anyone who wants what we have.  We give information, support, information about our great products, and I have been given some new and wonderful friendships along the way.  I certainly have a much better life today than before when I was just working a j-o-b.  Giving is a wonderful way to make both a good living and a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment